Friday 27 April 2018

Epic Imperial Guard Steel Legion additions

I recently painted a large Imperial Guard army as part of the 8th edition of the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge.

Now as both you and I well know, an army is never really *finished* despite whatever spurious claims we might make at certain points along the way. So it was always kind of inevitable that I would add to the army and guess what? It's happened already!

Two extra Baneblades turning a lone chappy into a full squadron.



Another squadron of Shadowswords, this time the old skool first edition versions. They look absolutely tiny compared to their Forgeworld resin brethren!



And finally another squadron of Griffons. At 50 points a pop they are great for soaking up hits meant for more dangerous and expensive things like Leman Russ.



Next up on the blog? Some pics of the latest addition to my Warhammer Fantasy Empire army.
Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Millsy

4 comments :

  1. Nice additions!

    I've been reading Titanicus by Dan Abnett this last week and it's got me eyeing up my own epic stuff...

    I recently picked up some 6mm Tusculum Novan Desert Infantry from Vanguard Miniatures to stand in as Tallarn Infantry and have a pile of Leman Russ tanks and a few other support vehicles from ages ago - I just need get some paint on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. It was a pic of superheavies in the 'Space Marine Battles' book that really inspired me to get into IG and GW about 25 years ago...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...